Thursday, June 30, 2011

I have grace in my heart and flowers in my hair.

My summer has been absolutely amazing. I have learned the value of a dollar. I have learned what it feels like to actually WORK and I have such a great feeling of satisfaction. Also, I have made new friends, rekindled old friendships, and built a father/daughter relationship with all of the men I work with. I couldn't have asked for anything more.  I told myself I was going to keep my mind occupied this summer and stay busy...well, it's happening. I'm always busy and I'm always happy. I've learned more about myself and about life this year than I ever have and I know that the learning isn't about to stop.

Painting maintenance shop windows Oxy blue.


Painting cooling tank foundations crimson.
Painting sign poles white.

Painting rails in the Caustic Loading area yellow.

AND, finding wildlife! Anyone who knows me well knows that I love animals. I would live in an aquarium if I could and if I could work in a zoo my whole life and have a substantial income, I'd do it. Oxy has acres and acres of land behind the plant. There are bobcats, cranes, owls and other birds, beavers, snakes, turtles, frogs, ducks, and several other animals that we aren't able to identify.
I truly LOVE my job.



No comments:

Post a Comment