Friday, January 27, 2012

"And in that moment, I swear we were infinite. "

Life has a funny way of turning around on you when you least expect it. Sometimes a good thing happens. Other times it's something that hurts. And you just have to sit down and take it. Take every single blow. Then you have to get up and keep going. Just keep living. Even though it's exhausting. Even though it hurts.
So, you stretch.
You take a deep breath and you breathe it out.  
You laugh.
And you keep living. 
'
"Let me be something every minute of every hour of my life. Let me be gay; let me be sad. Let me be cold; let me be warm. Let me be hungry...have too much to eat. Let me be ragged or well dressed. Let me be sincere-be deceitful. Let me be truthful; let me be a liar. Let me be honorable and let me sin. Only let me be something every blessed minute. And when I sleep, let me dream all the time so that not one little piece of living is ever lost."
- Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn

3 comments:

  1. my favorite book quote. love you sarah thigpen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for these words. i really appreciated your blog.

    =]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you're so welcome! Thank you for reading! :)

      Delete