Sunday, May 13, 2012

All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother. -Abraham Lincoln

I've never met a woman more astounding than my mother and I know that I never will. 
.  .  .
On road trips, I would sit in the backseat- unable to touch my jelly sandal-clad feet to the floor. I would spend hours drawing pictures of brilliantly red crabs walking along the beach and passing them up to her with the intent to instill fear. Her response, a terror filled scream which made me giggle with delight. Complete success. 

When time to bake, I would watch in amazement at how fast she could whisk any mixture together using only a fork. Eggs were always the fastest. To a child, it was a speed that seemed so dangerous to even attempt. 

When out on the town with her it always felt like an adventure. No one compared.

To lose any memory with this woman in it would be a terrible, terrible shame.
She has given me some of the most joyful memories that I will ever have, just by being in her presence.

Happy Mother's Day, mom.
You're practically perfect in every way.




No comments:

Post a Comment