Wednesday, May 2, 2012

A photo summary of my sophomore year:

The Kitchen Recliner era only lasted a few weeks…but it will not be forgotten. 
It was in this room, in these chairs that Tess and I first bonded. We had just met and didn't want to make any furniture or decoration decisions without Abbey's input so we lived in the kitchen. As the summer was winding down, both of us were exhausted and had no desire to venture out into the sweltering heat. Instead, we spent two weeks watching beaver documentaries, french movies, and movies about drug addictions while pigging out on nutella and chips and salsa. It was in that large chair that I had cherry pie filling for dinner one night. College will do strange things to you. 
Later in the year, Abbey played on an intramural flag-football team with our friends. Tess and I took up the roles of team moms and brought snacks and spirit to the games. 
As a part of the Crimson Tide Hospitality team, I spent every home game in the South Field Suite catering to the needs of elite football fanatics.
Nights were often spent winding down at the hookah bar with pals.
Alabama won the National Championship! The game wasn't the most eventful thing to watch, but that night made up for it.
Many days of the fall semester were spent in the drawing studio. The spring semester days were spent in studios or in my room with the windows open working with toxic chemicals and oil paints, desperately trying not to fall behind. 
I turned twenty and replaced my seven year old wallet with a brand-spankin'-new one.
Dance Marathon was a huge success. I boogied down for eight hours with "celebrities" like Big Al, The Face, Miss UA, and hundreds of dedicated college students for a good cause.
I found the candy that I have been searching for since I was in the fifth grade. Unfortunately, it has been discontinued and is impossible to find and purchase. I know that it is sold at one store in Canada…so I guess that's something.
Now, I am finished with exams. The only thing standing between me and a summer of bliss is a daunting Literature essay. Without further adieu, I will buck up and immerse myself in the final assignment of my sophomore year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment