Wednesday, September 12, 2012

I feel like I'm in one of those movies where someone is softly whispering lines while the picture plays in the background. The sounds around me are quiet and I move in slow motion, extremely fast, 
or not at all. 
Like in The Tree of Life or Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.
This is how it's been for days and I wonder when it will stop.



I want to be in a hammock. Underneath a canopy of trees with twinkling stars peeking through empty spaces between the leaves.

I want to be in an empty library. I want to run through every aisle and scream as loud as I can while my fingertips lightly graze the spines of shelved books.

I want to be in an ocean. I want the only sound around to be the sounds of seabirds and the sounds of waves as they carry me out to sea.

I want to be laying on a Persian rug. I want to spread out like a starfish and stare at the ceiling while running the palms of my hands over the ornately designed, plush surface until they feel tingly. 

I want to be in an empty art studio. Alone with nothing but paints, a large canvas, and violin music.


No comments:

Post a Comment