Tuesday, September 4, 2012


I went to Memphis, TN for the long weekend and let me tell you...it was fantastic.
Immediately after getting out of my car, I could tell that Memphis oozes good vibes. Yeah, some parts of it are kind of slummy. But, the people are wonderful. Everyone was so kind and welcoming. I made friends instantly and was frequently advised to transfer from UA to MCA. 

Instead of hearing phrases like, "Ayy, baby gurl. Lemme holla achu."or "I bet you fuck a lot of ugly guys since you're not in a sorority." I heard people telling Lauren that I was pretty and that I belong there. When I was sitting in a metals studio for only thirty minutes and wearing a VISITOR name tag, someone asked me to help them with a project that they were working on. Everyone knows each other and is always eager to meet new people.  In some classes at UA, you can go an entire semester without anyone saying a word to you. In Memphis, people are genuinely interested in other people and the diversity was a refreshing change. UA is great for so many people--there just isn't much for me

I can't even begin to describe the weekend that I had. I'm just so thankful that it was possible.














1 comment: