Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween, creeps!

tumblr
October 31st.
When I lived at home, every Halloween morning of my childhood started out the same way. My mom would play The Monster Mash loud enough to wake my brothers and I up and when we would walk downstairs, she'd be in the kitchen dancing while wearing wax fangs. Our toaster strudels would be sweetly adorned with iced on Jack o' Lantern faces or "Trick or Treat?" After school, we would come home and start gathering up our costume pieces. Around five or six, we would start get ready and by 7 or 8 we would be out the door and cruising neighborhoods searching for candy. There is nothing like the feeling of sitting in the floor after a long night of trick or treating and pouring your candy out. I would always separate mine out into piles to examine my treasure more thoroughly. For the next couple months, anyone with a sweet tooth was satisfied.
Previous Halloween costumes:
Bunny
Ghost
Madeline
Fairy
Movie Star
Glamourous Witch
Belly Dancer
Pirate
Tinker Bell
Baseball Player
Now that I'm older, my Halloweens have gone downhill. I no longer wake up to The Monster Mash. Instead, I listen to it on my walk to class. I am typically not able to dress up. Instead, I wear Halloween socks or earrings.  Oh well, I'm perfectly content with my batty socks and bug earrings. And... even though someone smashed my Jack Skellington pumpkin...my Halloween spirit has not been dampened. 

Happy Halloween!


No comments:

Post a Comment