Sunday, December 25, 2011

"He puzzled and puzzed till his puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before. Maybe Christmas, he thought... doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas, perhaps... means a little bit more!" 
I'm speechless when trying to describe this Christmas.
I got to watch my beautiful grandfather stand up in church and lead a prayer that brought tears to people's eyes. I was able to watch him stand shyly, but also proudly at the front of the church after being asked to collect the offering. While watching him, I noticed how he was the only man wearing a suit to church. Also, even after getting shorter due to old age.. he still towered over the other men. Even after his body goes through wear and tear, and his mind is tortured from constant worry for everyone in his life...he is still a strong, gentle giant. I'm not one for comparing people, but when it comes to him...I just can't help it. Any boy that I date, I can't help but compare them to my grandfather. Gentleness, selflessness, humility, honestly, work ethic, kindness, and a fantastic sense of humor are all traits that my grandfather possesses and when dating someone, I hope that they can at least come close to matching him in these categories, because I know no one can beat him. 


 "And he, he himself, the Grinch - carved the roast beast."


No comments:

Post a Comment