Saturday, July 14, 2012

Tunes of July

                                                                              image
"Do you really think you can just put it in a safe behind a painting, lock it up and leave?"
The National

                                                                              image
"And the truth is I've been dreaming of some tired, tranquil place where the weather won't get trapped inside my bones. And if all the years of searching find one sympathetic face, then it's there I will plant these seeds and make my home."
Bright Eyes

                                                                           image
"Your flavor in my mind, swings back and forth between sweeter than any wine, and as bitter as mustard greens. And it's light and dark as honeydew and pumpernickel bread. The trap I set for you seems to have caught my leg instead. Go plow some other field and try and forget my name, We'll see what harvest yields, and, supposing I'd do the same. I planted rows of peas, but the first week of July -- they should have come up to my knees but they were maybe ankle high. Take the fingers from your flute to weave your colored yarns, and boil down your fruit to preserves in mason jars. And the books are overdue and the goats are underfed... the trap I set for you seems to have caught my leg instead."
mewithoutYou

                                                                            image
"Birds are in the sky, the land's been gone for days, and all you left was time to find a solid grave. Pirates never loved the way that I do. You never say enough to keep me next to you. Now I hold my poems for ladies unknown. Until my hands go weak, I'll be a ghost ship on the blue."
Dead Man's Bones

                                                                                          image
"I dreamed you were a cosmonaut of the space between our chairs and I was a cartographer of the tangles in your hair. . . In time you need to learn to love, the ebb just like the flow."
Andrew Bird

No comments:

Post a Comment