Monday, July 9, 2012


When I was ten, I stood in my mom's bathroom and ate these candies. For some reason, I didn't commit the name of the candy to memory, so that important tid-bit was lost forever.
All I knew was every detail.
"It comes in mini packages like War Heads."
"It's hard and sweet. Then it starts fizzing."
"The packages have little faces on them. There's a punk one, a movie star, one is wearing a hat...etc."
"The packages are brightly colored."
"They have names for the people on the packages. Like, Razzle Dazzle or something."

And these are the things I would tell people when I spent countless hours researching them, using only these details. Through my research I found that the manufacturer went out of business and that no one on the internet knew the name of this crazy candy. Ten years of failed searches.

Spring 2012, the candy resurfaced. Fate. An online search revealed that there is a man in Canada who makes vodka drinks using candies and one drink was made within the last year, using Bizzerks (THE candy). My eyes welled with tears and my face blushed the color of the red flavor 
"Strawberry Fizz"-- a cartoon pimp looking guy who looks mighty successful. 

Ten years later, after months of emailing the man from Canada, I am sitting on my couch and popping a Bizzerk into my mouth.

Elation.



No comments:

Post a Comment