Sunday, July 14, 2013

Little moments that I'm thankful for.



Tonight as I was laying next to Jon Christian, I watched his hands as they held two of his Mario figurines. These hands are always soft. These fingernails are always too short since he bites them.
These hands have problems buttoning buttons and holding pencils properly but turn his toys into acrobats and then catch them nearly every. single. time. These hands squeeze mine in rhythmic sequences as we both say, "Squeeeeeeeze." These hands are ticklish and they love to tickle. 

I am thankful that I get to watch Trey go from smiling to laughing. That's one of the very few good things about long distance relationships I guess. Skype and Facetime make it possible to be face-to-face for the whole conversation. When you're driving with someone or walking beside them, you don't have the opportunity to watch them laugh from start to finish. It's not until you're facing them that you get to watch this magic happen.  You get to watch their eyes close a little bit and you get to see the corners of their mouths get higher and higher while they laugh their own, personal laugh. 


When I read a poem and I feel it becoming a part of me. I've been reading a lot of Frank O'Hara, Pablo Neruda, and T. S. Eliot lately and I'm so thankful for how they make me feel.



No comments:

Post a Comment