Wednesday, July 20, 2011

I need to marry a dork.

After many many many times of being "in it", I've realized that I've changed a lot this summer. I've matured in more ways than I can count, I'm stronger, I learned a lot of things, I changed the way I handle certain situations, and I've taken the time to look back and see a lot of things that I could have done better. I also have surrounded myself with friends, old and new, who are able to keep my mind occupied so that I can make myself happy. And truly, this summer...I have been happy. People ask me how I'm doing and I tell them honestly that I am doing fine. I usually get a skeptical look because I guess people don't expect me to be fine. But, I really am. I wish I could change things, but I can't. I see what I should have done better. I see what I shouldn't have dealt with. I see everything I should have done differently and I've fixed a lot of things about me that needed fixing. But everything is in the past and there's no sense in dwelling on it. So, I'm moving on. "If you can't laugh at yourself, life is going to seem a whole lot longer than you'd like." So, I'm laughing at myself. I'm laughing at how immature I was about certain things. I'm laughing about how besides me being immature about certain things, I didn't do anything wrong and the one thing that I thought I had control over-failed. And I'm laughing about how I'm able to laugh about it. Things will be okay.   

Now, I've also learned this summer that I am a complete dork. I never really thought about it...but I am. A dork through and through. Nerd to the core.
tumblr

tumblr


tumblr

tumblr

tumblr

tumblr

tumblr

tumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment