Friday, July 29, 2011

If you have a job without any aggravations, you don't have a job. -Malcolm S. Forbes

I          AM          DONE.
Started working: May 10th
Stopped working: July 29th

Windows-Blue
Tank foundations-Crimson
Rails in the Caustic Loading area-Yellow
Safety poles-Yellow
Doors-Blue

I am completely exhausted.

I now have 5 days in Florence of being a kid with friends and staying out till the sun rises and living my life with my arms, face, legs, and clothes free of paint.

From left to right:
Bo: Would come in every day to break and lunch with a big smile on his face and say, "Whatchyall doin'?"
Seth: The other summer college worker.
Kent: He and Seth would talk about Alabama football every single day (which made me miserable) and would also sing me songs that had Sarah in the title. He also played in a band with Johnny Cash once.
Big Dave: A gentle giant. We always had great conversations about food.
(sitting)Donald: Retiring in December. My grandfather taught him in trade school. He is always the one that gets pranked. Either he or my dad.
Billy: Working in the same place and spending almost every day with him has definitely given us a better relationship. For that, I am very thankful.
Duwayne: Sat by me every day at lunch and is absolutely precious.
Corsby: Probably my favorite of all of them because we had a real connection. Everyday, he would force me to eat a peanut butter cracker, offer me dip, tell me stories, laugh at me, make me turn red, and at the very end...he gave me a cantaloupe and said, "Be good, little'n."

Everyone in the entire chemical plant treated me like their daughter, granddaughter, or their little sister in Seth's case. Everyone would call me, "Dear, Darlin', Little'n, Sweetie, Honey, Baby, or Hun." My summer has been filled with making memories and laughter and working there really was a blessing. There's just something about watching fifty and sixty year old men prank each other, scare each other, or laugh until they cry that just fills me with joy. The people in this picture are the people that I built relationships with and they all have had an impact on my life and left a lasting impression.



2 comments:

  1. You look so out of place but at the same time so belonging in this picture! This one really made me want to cry haha idk why. Maybe it's because I understand men like this cause of my dad. And I just pictured you posing them for a sweet picture in the middle of this big burly chemical plant Hahahaha ahhh I love this. :')

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelby!! :) I just now saw this!! You make me so happy! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete