Wednesday, July 27, 2011

"So, my little Amelie, your bones aren't made of glass. You can take life's knocks. If you let this chance go by, eventually your heart will become as dry and brittle as my skeleton. So, go ahead, dammit!"
         Last night, I re-watched one of my all-time favorite movies, Amelie. Some people find a good movie and buy it and watch it occasionally with a group of friends. Not I. I have my favorite movies and I watch them over and over and over whenever I feel like it. I reference them in every day life whether I do it aloud or in my head and I like it that way.  
         I noticed that several of my favorite movies are French or set in France, and because of my love for France, the French language, the French lifestyle, and specifically Paris...I'm going to share these movies with you.
French Kiss (1995)
Meg Ryan and Kevin Kline
When I take a sip of red wine, I think of the line:
"A bold wine with a hint of sophistication and lacking in pretension...actually I was just talking about myself."

A Very Long Engagement (2004)
Audrey Tautou and Gaspard Ulliel
"Revenge is pointless. Try to be happy and don't ruin your life for me."

Chocolat (2000)
Juliette Binoche and Johnny Depp
"Can I interest you in some nipples of Venus?"

La Vie en Rose (2007)
Marion Cotillard
Reporter: "If you were to give advice to a woman, what would it be?"
Edith: "Love."
Reporter: "To a young girl?"
Edith: "Love."
Reporter: "To a child?"
Edith: "Love."

No comments:

Post a Comment