Thursday, April 12, 2012

"If still there’s a song deep in this marrow, who lets you draw that last shivering arrow? 
What kind of smarting loon believes that he can shoot the moon? Calm these frailing nerves, they ask to be preserved. I was ashamed and mute fumbling around for my parachute. Then gliding through the rain not a drop could leave its stain, and the world drifting farther away."
The Low Anthem



"If it's the beaches' sands you want then you will have them. If it's the mountains' bending rivers then you will have them. If it's the wish to run away then I will grant it."
The Avett Brothers



"Someone's alone, fell asleep on the phone waiting like a dog for a bone. And how can it be that a fish in the sea can feel like it's completely alone? The world may never know."
Dr. Dog




"Being alone it can be quite romantic like Jacques Cousteau underneath the atlantic. A fantastic voyage to parts unknown. Going to depths where the sun's never shone and I fascinate myself when I'm alone. I'm rambling on rather self consciously while I'm stirring these condiments into my tea and I think I'm so lame.  I bet I think this song's about me. Don't I,  don't I, don't I?"
Andrew Bird


"She runs thru the valley of Death and of Sleeping. She laughs as she dances. Her feet wake the flowers. She comes a now running thru our gloomy town. Yes, Jade is the Girl of the hour. We can't help but follow. She’s Buddha. Just watch her. She moves like an old gypsy woman but swears she’s a girl and all that she asks, we’ll allow her. For Jade is the girl of the hour."
Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros


"Oh, you are the roots that sleep beneath my feet and hold the earth in place."
Bright Eyes


"I'd set my course for land, but you well understand it takes a steady hand to navigate adulterous waters. The propeller's spinning blades held acquaintance with the waves as there's mistakes I've made no rowing could outrun. The cloth blowing on the mast like to say I've got no past but I'm nonetheless the librarian and secretary's son. With tarnish on my brass and mildew on my glass, I'd never want someone so crass as to want someone like me. But a few leagues off the shore, I bit a flashing lure and I assure you, it was not what I expected it to be! I still taste its kiss, that dull hook in my lip is a memory as useless as a rod without a reel. To an anchor ever-dropped, seasick yet still docked. Captain spotted napping with his first mate at the wheel, floating forgetfully along, with no need to be strong.
We keep our confessions long and when we pray we keep it short
I drank a thimble full of fire and I'm not ever coming back. Oh, my God."
mewithoutYou


"So take it as a song or a lesson to learn and sometime soon be better than you were. If you say you're gonna go, then be careful and watch how you treat every living soul. My eyes can't look at you any other way, any other way, any other way."
Band of Horses


"Won't you dance me to the end of love?"
The Civil Wars


"If you don't believe in fantasy then don't believe in fantasy, but
do you not believe in fantasy because it gets you down? If you don't believe it's raining I won't tell you that it's raining, but do you not believe it's raining just because it gets you down? If you don't believe in happiness then don't believe in happiness, but if you don't believe in happiness then man you must be down. If you don't believe you're dying I won't tell you that you're dying, but do you not believe you're dying just because it gets you down?"
Animal Collective



"A year from now we'll all be gone. All our friends will move away. And they're goin' to better places, but our friends will be gone away. Nothin' is as it has been and I miss your face like hell. And I guess it's just as well, but I miss your face like hell. Been talkin' 'bout the way things change and my family lives in a different state. If you don't know what to make of this, then we will not relate. So, if you don't know what to make of this, then we will not relate. Rivers and roads. Rivers and roads. Rivers 'til I meet you."
The Head and the Heart

1 comment: