Sunday, August 12, 2012

AVase with Fifteen Sunflowers
Vincent van Gogh
When I think of this summer, I think of Van Gogh's Fifteen Sunflowers. I think of the composition, color scheme, his first name painted across the side of the vase, and the overall raw and disheveled appearance of the flowers. 

To me, my summer has been a lot like Fifteen Sunflowers. The hot sun drenched everything in a palette of burnt yellows and the summer was a complete mess. A composed mess, but a mess nonetheless. I appreciate it, though. While many moments stand out, others either blend in as if they didn't happen-or they are hidden behind memories of higher importance. There is one more week left. When it's over, I will write my name on this summer with my most perfect penmanship and move on to a new chapter- perhaps that chapter will be A Vase with Twelve Sunflowers, Three Sunflowers in a Vase, or something even more radiant.

No comments:

Post a Comment