Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Happy birthday, Julia Child!

"Life itself is the proper binge."

Words of Wisdom from Julia Child
-"If you’re alone in the kitchen and you drop the lamb, you can always just pick it up. Who’s going to know?"
-"It’s terribly important to keep a good temper."
-"Fat gives things flavor."
-"I think every woman should have a blowtorch."
-"I always give my bird a generous butter massage before I put it in the oven. Why? Because I think the chicken likes it -- and, more important, I like to give it."
"Find something you're passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it."
-“...nothing is too much trouble if it turns out the way it should.” 
-“Just speak very loudly and quickly, and state your position with utter conviction, as the French do, and you'll have a marvelous time!” 



Julia Child, a woman with a big heart, a big personality, and big shoes.
Intensely dedicated, utterly fearless, smart as a whip, quick witted, and a firm believer in eating, loving, and living well... she is the perfect role model for women everywhere. 

Happy birthday, dearest Julia.
Bon Appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment