Friday, May 31, 2013

Oh, Alabama...

My thoughts as I took this picture:
How I love you and your beautiful sunsets. I love your abundance of front porches and sweet tea. 
I love that catfish and pies are easy to find. I don't really mind the thick southern accents.

But, nothing gold can stay.

Right after taking this picture... a tall, tan, lanky teen sat down with his potbellied gal in a t-shirt that was much too tight and the silhouette was complete. After fishing in silence for a minute, he grabbed her face and gave her one of those passionate and forceful kisses that are seen in black and white movies after a woman in heels throws down her scarf and runs to her lover. I looked away to give them privacy and looked back as the kiss was ending. It was a marvelous moment. Until, the tan fellow in his John Deere cap hocked up what must have been the world's largest mass of phlegm and spat it out beside his tackle box- all while holding his gal in his arms.  

Sigh... Alabama.


No comments:

Post a Comment