Sunday, June 3, 2012

2, 3, Haints!


Photo courtesy of: Chandler Jones
Friday 
June 1, 2012
Denim or Red Plaid?
An evening spent in the beautiful, sleepy downtown area of Florence, Alabama. Mingled, window shopped, people-watched, telescoped, and waltzed to the Pine Hill Haints.






Saturday
June 2, 2012
"This is an adventure."
I ran into my house, stood over my napping brother, and playfully yelled things like...
"Hey, you Londoneer!"
"Mr. London!"
"You little Englishman."
"Ello, chap."
"Good day, Mr. London Traveler!"
only to have him wake up and say, "I went to China."
Oops.
I spent the day running errands all over town, saw super-cool graffiti of a Storm Trooper, and then had a glorious family dinner. My brother returned from his trip to China and brought hilarious stories and incredible gifts with him. For me, he brought the necessities for doing Chinese calligraphy; a training mat, brushes, ink, and rice paper. From the pictures, it's obvious that I was overjoyed. After dinner, the only things that sounded appealing were the things that were completely impossible. So, my pal Chandler and I put on sweaters and sat in my backyard with The Life Aquatic and Mcdonald's
 apple pies. 


Sunday
June 3, 2012
"The Fluff of Doughnuts."
Visiting my grandparents in Red Bay is always interesting in one way or another. This time, there was a thunderstorm so it was very mellow. We always make a stop for my grandfather to pick up Krispy Kreme, which he deems "The Fluff of Doughnuts." The day was spent visiting quietly and sampling strange Chinese candies. No complaints here.



Now, I'm back in Tuscaloosa starting my second week of summer classes. Tonight, I plan to make a pot of coffee, work on homework, and start finishing an incomplete and extremely overworked painting. 








No comments:

Post a Comment