Monday, June 18, 2012



This is how my summer is going to be spent: 
7:00 a.m. - Rise and shine.
8:00 a.m. - Peanut butter and strawberry jelly sandwich for breakfast.
10 a.m. - Class.
12 p.m. - Home sweet home.
1-2:30 p.m. - Homework.
4:30 p.m. - Work
11 p.m. or later - Home sweet home.
1 a.m. - Peanut butter sandwich as a midnight snack.
2 a.m. - 4 a.m. - Homework/insomnia.

I don't have any monstrous complaints about it except that I miss my family and friends. It is definitely going to be a strange one, just like last summer was. The only similarity between this summer and last summer is my intake of peanut butter. So. much. peanut butter. 

But, I have my roommates with me. We're all in the same boat, pretty much. The three of us are taking summer classes. Abbey works from time to time, and Tess spends her free time napping after she studies all night. 

Oh, summer 2012.
Where did my life go?



But deep down, I really do miss my friends, family, and working at Occidental Chem. I miss the weight of my steel toed boots. I miss the texture of my jeans, soft on the inside from my hard work and scratchy on the outside from dried paint. I miss the baseball cap I wore every day. I miss the lunch break conversations. I miss my early mornings. I miss those friendships that I made outside of work. 
Summer 2011 really was the absolute best. 

Summer 2012 has potential. 

No comments:

Post a Comment