Thursday, December 5, 2013

College Traditions


I remember unpacking the Christmas decorations with my mom every Christmas and coming across this one box of ornaments. Every year she would say some variation of, "Be careful. I've had those since college." The wreath that has always hung on her door... yeah, she made that when she was my age. College. 
Sophomore year, Abbey and I made pomanders. Later, some weirdo at a party picked the cloves out of them and ate them. That was weird. But, still. We had a sensational time and our kitchen smelled like Christmas. It grew into a tradition. We get a tree, we decorate it, and we make pomanders. I'm so thankful for these memories and the traditions that we have made, Miss. Crain. Thank you! 
And hey, who knows, maybe I'll go out and buy some beautiful Christmas ornaments and then one day tell my daughter, "I got them in college, so be very careful!"

And, I would love to make a wreath...


2011


2012

No comments:

Post a Comment