Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Au revoir, 2013!


This year has been amazing. No matter which way you look at it, it's true. My sweet and beautiful friend, Abigail wrote an article that put a spotlight on the segregation of UA's Greek system. As a result, changes were made. She also spent her summer in New York City as an intern! The ever wonderful and wise Tess is kicking ass in Nursing school and is well on her way to reviving human hearts with her bare hands. She also has met the man that she is going to marry and I must say, he is wonderful. He has a fantastic sense of humor and he and Tess are truly a match made in heaven. 
She thinks the world of him and I know that he thinks the world of her, too. One of my oldest and greatest friends, Hope got engaged! She has been praying for her husband for as long as I can remember and now she found him. He treats her like the goddess that she is, and I am so thankful for their love. I know that he will appreciate and admire her the way that she deserves to be appreciated and admired. 

Andy is teaching littles and not-so-littles in China. He is sharing American traditions with them and looking healthier than he has in years and years and years. 

As for me?
I spent the year working towards my career, bettering myself, and strengthening my spirit. Two years ago, I would have insisted that I did this alone. But, I met someone this year and I know that God wanted me to share my life with this person. So, that's what I did. This past year, I have been more positive, more self assured, more motivated, and more carefree than in any year prior. I have no doubt in my mind that Trey's presence in my life is a gift from God and that it is a gift that I should thank Him daily for. Life is better when it is shared with someone and I can't imagine that someone being anyone but Trey. I've known from the start that he's the one and I'm learning that everyone else has known, too.
I can't wait to see where the next year takes me and all of my loved ones.

Happy New Year!

Since I'm in bed with the flu and still recovering from wisdom tooth surgery, Trey and Tess have planned to postpone the start of the new year until I feel better and until we all can get together.  So, a post with New Year's resolutions will come at a later date.


No comments:

Post a Comment